Today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
You know you’re working at an interesting place when you can say hello to harbor seals every morning and where sea turtles follow you as you walk by their habitat! When you join The Maritime Aquarium team, you'll have fun at work as you help us provide the ultimate entertaining, educational and inspiring experience for our visitors.
Browse the listings below and match your abilities, interests and hours to our available positions. Our full-time positions offer an excellent benefits package.
The Maritime Aquarium is an (E.O.E) equal opportunity employer.
The Maritime Aquarium conducts background investigations on all candidates for paid staff and volunteer positions, which may include but are not limited to the following:
Due to the nature of certain positions, The Maritime Aquarium may perform additional checks as required.
Click Here for Employment Application
The Program Animal Aquarist will be responsible for the daily care and maintenance of the education and program animal collection. The Aquarist will work directly with a variety of animal species including reptiles, mammals, birds, and invertebrates.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please provide application (available as a p.d.f. above) and resume with cover letter to: RLombardi@maritimeaquarium.org | fax: 203-838-5416 | Attention: R. Lombardi, The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, 10 North Water Street, South Norwalk, Connecticut 06854. E.O.E.
• High school diploma.
• Previous experience in customer service preferred.
• Enthusiastic, friendly and outgoing.
• Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Comfortable with interacting with large crowds.
• Commitment to high customer service standards.
• Ability to work weekends and holidays.
This position requires the candidate to be cross-trained.
• Computer literate.
• Responsible for execution of tickets sales, refunds, and communicating pricing and program information to our guests.
• Makes minor decisions regarding crowd control and individual patron concerns.
• Able to maintain a positive attitude dealing with both visitors and staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Responsible for having a balanced register.
• Greets buses and gives welcome speech on bus and in lunchroom.
• Interacts in a welcoming manner.
• As an IMAX ushers must seat people for movies, remain in the theater during the movie, and take tickets.
• Skills with crowds and firm but friendly command needed.
All Visitor Services staff will be required to cover the position of receptionist from time to time.
• Staff the concession stand.
• Required to wear a uniform and follow departmental dress code.
This position requires ability to stand or sit for several hours at a time. Must be personable, customer-service oriented, and have a strong command of the English language with a clear speaking voice.
Please provide application (available as a p.d.f. above) to: RLombardi@maritimeaquarium.org | fax: 203-838-5416 | Attention: R. Lombardi, The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, 10 North Water Street, South Norwalk, Connecticut 06854. E.O.E.
Summary Annual Report for Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
Summary Annual Report for Tax-Deferred Annuity Plan